Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ristorante San Lorenzo, Al. Jana Pawla II 36, Warsaw, Poland

Without any doubt, this is the best Italian restaurant in town.  It is a bit of an odd location, and I have never seen crowds there, but it appears to be thriving nevertheless.  At the Italian places, I am a traditionalist, so I highly recommend seared scallops and / or the marinated beef carpaccio with the eggplant pesto.  The baked shrimps in the lemon juice are also exceptional.  For primi piatti, I had the paper-wrapped seafood spaghetti, and it never failed me.  Their ravioli are also very good. For something more filling, do try risotto with porcini.  Among the secondi piatti, the carre of lamb baked in bread with honey and mustard does stand out, as does the Florentine steak served with the white beans.  Do stay way from their s caloppni di vitello con funghi though; they are by far the worst I have ever had.  They also have a quite impressive selection of the fish from the grill. However, my personal favourite is the steam-baked sea bass served with red radicchio with the reduction of balsamic vinegar.  Beware of the prices for the specials, I have recently paid 400 zl for their special catch of the day baked in salt.  I felt like I was that "catch of the day"... For dessert do skip tiramisu, but try the chocolate mousse in three ways; not exactly an Italian classic, but for a chocoholic like me an awesome finish to a great meal.  Enjoy!
http://www.sanlorenzo.pl/

No comments:

Post a Comment