Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Zielnik Cafe, ul Odynca 15, Warsaw, Poland

In the culinary desert of the upper Mokotow, Zielnik Cafe really stands out.  Although, it is a small place with just a few tables, it has the setting and the climate to enjoy good food.  I have not been there for a while, although I used to eat there quite often a couple of years ago.  Then, it was the beef tartar and veal cutlets (if I remember correctly) that were my usual favorites.  Uncomplicated, fresh and well-done food.  This time around, I sampled the chicken livers served in the cherry sauce.  That was a very fortunate combination.  The cherry sauce was not too sweet either, and the cherries’ tartness played well against the taste of the livers.  For the second course, I have ordered the veal pierogi (a recommendation of my companion), who were beautifully served in a circle on the edge of the plate, with a small saucer with butter in the middle.  Pierogi were very good; the dough was light/thin, while the meat maybe a bit too dry.  Upon exiting the place – a nice surprise: a box for each of us with a little dessert sesame cake with some halva on top.  All of that brought some nice memories.  I have to visit Zielnik more often.
http://www.zielnikcafe.pl/

No comments:

Post a Comment